I cannot believe I am sitting here writing this post. Some days it doesn’t feel real to me. But it’s true! Here is the announcement everyone has been waiting for…
We are so thrilled! Well actually, I’m feeling every emotion on the planet and the Mister is just chill. But whatever! YAY BABY! And, to answer the most common questions I’ve received:
- Baby is due in December!
- I am feeling so much better now that I am out of the first trimester! I never actually threw up (thank the LORD), but I was constantly nauseous, never wanted to eat, and just felt yucky all the time. I finally have some energy back, and the only things I have to worry about now are getting enough protein and water so I don’t pass out (it almost happened in HyVee!) and heartburn. Boooo heartburn.
- We do not know the gender and we’re not going to find out! GASP! Surprises are way fun! :)
- No, it’s NOT twins. (*cough* Catie and Grandpa Jake… *cough*)
- I realized last night that I have started feeling the baby move!! A lot of people describe it as butterflies but to me it feels like popcorn popping! This is super fitting because I pretty much eat popcorn every other day. Okay, every day. Whatever!
- I finally made the Mister switch sides of the bed with me so I can be closer to the bathroom. Waking up in the middle of the night, every night, is not fun!
- Basically no one else on the planet likes the name Esther and I really want to name my baby Esther if she’s a girl!! #rant
So anyway, that’s what’s been cooking for the last few months. (Haha get it?) I was super worried about shooting all of my May weddings with “morning sickness” (aka all-day sickness), but I survived thanks to my wonderful assistants and second shooters who took great care of me! I think it should be smooth sailing from here on out until I start waddling. But let’s be honest that could be pretty early! ;)
I’ll leave you with a few more photos that were made by my dear friend Amy. (Shot on Portra 800 film for all you photography nerds!)
• Say Hello • Like on Facebook •